Friday, March 23, 2012

Science Discovery Center Manila

I never would have visited this place if not for a friend. Her son celebrated his 7th birthday at the Science Discovery Center Manila at the SM Mall of Asia Complex in Pasay City, Philippines (I didn't even know you could hold birthdays there. To all moms out there -- now you know!). I didn't know what to expect, but I had an idea at the back of my mind that it will most likely be similar to Singapore's Science Center.

Well, it wasn't really what I hoped it would be. Not even close enough. In terms of space, the local science center is probably only a quarter of Singapore's. The facilities aren't as updated and as many. And you can probably finish wandering the place in just 3-4 hours (In Singapore, it took me a whole day to discover the center, my curious mind was just too engrossed with what they have).

Fortunately, though, the Manila Science center has something that Singapore doesn't -- the Planetarium. This is where you'll be seated looking at the sky and watch a short presentation about the stars, the moon and other space objects. Very nice for the little kids, especially since the show is about Elmo and Big Bird of Sesame Street. LOL.

Anyway, here are some pictures I took. The lighting wasn't good so the pictures didn't come out the way I wanted them to.


At the 2nd floor of the Science Center, facing the Robot area. The Sphere at the side is the Planetarium

Oceanarium Area

Finding Nemo 

Fish made of scrap metal 

Famous buildings replica using PVC pipes 

Robotics Area 

Kids interacting with the motion sensor 


For more information about the Science Discovery Center Manila, please visit their site at: http://www.sciencediscovery.ph/

No comments: